Sunday, October 3, 2010

Diet Update!

So today was weigh in day, and I lost one lb. I was so upset because earlier in the week I had lost two, but my lovely day of cheating set me back a lb. Oh well, it was still a lb and that made me reach my first goal! As of today I've lost 9 lbs in a month. I'm really pumped, and tomorrow I start phase two. My friend Breezie started a blog where we all blog about doing work outs and how it's going. We are all starting with Jillian Michael's Thirty Day Shred. I'm really excited, so if you would like to follow our progress with that, check it out at shredsistersdiaries.blogspot.com. I'm going to add this to my work out routine that I've got going and just do it after the treadmill each day. If you want to join the blog, just message Breezie on the blog and let her know!

So tonight we ate turkey burgers, and they were pretty good, although every time I eat something that's made out of turkey I think of a Mitch Hedburg joke, sometimes I just want to tell turkey to be itself. haha
Here's the recipe:

Turkey Burgers with Zucchini
Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
Servings: 5 • Serving Size: 1 burger no bun Points: 3 ww pts (bun extra)
Calories: 156 • Fat: 6.8 g Protein: 18.6 g Carb: 5.5 g Fiber: 1.3 g

  • 1.25 lbs 93% lean ground turkey
  • 1 small zucchini, grated 
  • 1/4 cup seasoned whole wheat breadcrumbs
  • 1 clove garlic, grated
  • 1 tbsp red onion, grated
  • salt and fresh pepper
  • oil spray
In a large bowl, combine ground turkey, zucchini, breadcrumbs, garlic, onion, salt and pepper. Make 5 equal patties.

Heat a large skillet on high heat. When hot, lightly spray oil. Add burgers to the pan and reduce the heat to low. Cook on one side until browned, then flip. Flip over a few times to prevent burning and to make sure the burgers are cooked all the way through.

No comments: