Friday, October 1, 2010

Cheating

So today it was so hard to stick to the diet! Last night we had a Relief Society activity and they had a bunch of yummy goodies there, and I didn't eat any but I brought some home for Sienna and the hubs. This morning there they were taunting me. I indulged. I thought a cupcake for breakfast? Why not. Add a cookie, sure. The rice krispie treats were a weight watchers recipe, so I'm positive it's okay to have. By around 4 I had had 20 of my 23 pts that I eat everyday. So what did I do for dinner? Spaghetti squash with Prego and a cup of green beans. All for a glorious 1pt. That is why I always have spaghetti squash on hand. I actually felt like I had a good sized dinner. I was really hungry around nine so I decided to use some of my cheat pts and eat a bowl of oatmeal with fruit. I hadn't used any all week so I didn't feel guilty, I just hope I don't see an extra lb on the scale tomorrow. So far I've lost two lbs this week, I'm going to run until I can't anymore tomorrow to make up for today. I think sometimes you just have to cheat! What lesson did I learn from this? Never go to Relief Society. ;)


On a sad note my baby came home sick from school today, I think it's just a virus, but of course kids always get sick Friday night after the doc's office closes. She was acting totally fine and then she asked if we could take a nap, and I just figured she was tired because we stayed up an hour after her bed time last night. So we took a nap and when she woke up she said, "Mom do I have a fever?" I felt her forehead and she was so warm, so I took her temp and it was a 103.6.:( My poor lil baby. I'm not that worried though, she was acting fine, she just said her belly was hurting a little. We gave her medicine, and then we went to the store to get chicken noodle soup, saltines, and gatorade. She begged to come so I brought two blankets and a pillow and made a make shift bed in the cart and pushed her around. I asked if there was anything we could get that would make her feel better and she responded, "IRON MAN 2!!!!" So I got it for her, and inwardly thought Grant was using mind powers on her. She came home and ate two bowls of soup, a bunch of saltines, and two sippy cups of gatorade all while she watched Iron Man 2. She then ate and ice cream sandwich, and announced that she was ready for bed, and told Grant that he needed to say the prayer and read scriptures. So we did and she asked to sleep in our bed so of course we said yes, and she is sleeping peacefully right now. I hope she feels better tomorrow! 

2 comments:

amber said...

OHhh, poor girl. :( I hope she starts feeling better really, really soon. Also, I LOVE the quote on the side of your blog by Sister Hinckley. I had never read it before, and I am totally in love with it. In fact, I am copying it onto my blog right now, but don't worry, I will give you credit. :)

Natalie Daniel said...

That's alright, I stole it from Breezie, so we're all good.