Thursday, October 21, 2010

My Week Thus Far

So I fell totally off the dieting/work out program this past weekend and half of this week. I guess everyone messes up sometimes, but I gained back the two lbs I lost last week, so as you can imagine, I'm pretty mad at myself. Oh well, all I can do is start again, so that's what I'm doing. I got rid of all the tempting goodies, and I have been doing good again for the past couple of days.

To make this week a little more interesting, I got some permanent make-up! My friend Whitney is getting certified to do this, and needed an eyeliner model, and I jumped at the chance. I've been wanting this done since I worked at a spa in high school that did it. My eyes are all swollen, and I have to keep some goopy  stuff on them for five days, so I really can't tell exactly what it's going to look like, but I can tell that I'm going to love it! I'm so excited about not having to put on eyeliner every day, or worry about it running all over the place! Thank-you soooo much Whitney!!!

I'm also starting the packing process this week. We have moved six times since we've been married so we are getting pretty good at it. I pack one room at a time, move it over and unpack it totally in the new place, hanging pictures and all, and I do this with all the little stuff, and then we do one big move for all the big furniture. We totally moved and unpacked in our current house that we're in in three days. That was with a pregnant nine month belly! I think this one will take a day since we are majorly downsizing, and a lot of our stuff is going into storage.

The girls are doing great this week,  Sienna came home from school and showed me that she can write her name all by herself! I'm so proud of her. She can also recognize all her letters and knows the sound that each one makes. She's such a smart girl. Maggie is babbling away now. She says dadadadada all day long now. She is also starting to really recognize people and she gets super excited when Grant gets home everyday. I can see two little teeth that are about to pop through and she has been letting us know that they are there. She is teething the same way Sienna did and has a runny nose and runs a slight fever. Bless her little heart. She has become a different baby all of a sudden and smiles and laughs all the time now. I think I have the best girls ever!

Grant is working even more hours now, so we see him less. :( He is still doing well and is preparing to go to the economics summit in Boise next week. I miss him when he's gone, but I will never complain about a husband that works so hard to support his family. I'm so blessed. I always get a little annoyed when people say they are a single mom when their husband is gone working. (not military moms!) I was a single mom for a couple of years, and this is nothing compared to that. I thank the Lord everyday for such a wonderful man, and for the opportunity that we have for him to get a good education. I love this time of life, we are always super busy, but I feel like this is the happiest we have ever been, and I'm loving every minute of it!


What are we eating today?
Spinach Omelet with tomato and feta. This is one of my favorite recipes because is super quick and yummy. Grant loves it!

Ingredients

1 large egg(s)   
3 large egg white(s)   
1 cup(s) spinach, choppped   
1/2 tsp dried oregano   
1/4 tsp table salt   
1 spray(s) cooking spray   
2 small tomato(es), chopped   
2 Tbsp feta cheese, crumbled   
4 slice(s) reduced-calorie wheat bread, toasted   

Instructions

  • Combine egg, egg whites, spinach, oregano and salt in a medium bowl; beat until well-blended.
  • Lightly coat a 9-inch nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Pour egg mixture into skillet and spread to cover pan. Cook until bottom is lightly browned and firm, about 5 to 6 minutes. With a large spatula, flip omelet and cook other side until center is set, about 3 minutes more.
  • Transfer omelet to a platter. Sprinkle tomatoes and cheese on one half; fold over other half to cover. Allow to stand 1 minute; cut in half crosswise and serve each piece with 2 slices of toast.

Notes

  • You can also serve the feta and tomatoes on top of the omelet or on the side.

No comments: