Tuesday, November 23, 2010

What We're Eating

I did good this week and lost another 2 lbs. 16 total!

What are we eating tonight?

Rice Tamale Pie: 9 servings,  7 ww pts per serving


My sister in law introduced me to this recipe and in celebration of 1 pt dip that I love, I made a batch of this tonight, and we'll probably be eating it for a couple of days. I have modified the recipe a little to make it less pts.

16 oz ground beef or turkey (I use turkey, less pts)
1 taco seasoning packet (I use half to reduce sodium)
2 cups cooked rice
2 packs of Jiffy cornbread mix
2 eggs
1 1/3 cup skim milk
1 can or 1 1/12 cup of corn
Mexican Style grated cheese
1 jar Tositos Salsa Con Caso


Brown ground meat in a large skillet. Follow seasoning mix instructions, and combine with meet. Add corn and cooked rice. Put in a 9 by 13 inch casserole dish. Prepare both Jiffy mixes and spread on top. Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 min. Eat with 2 tbs of caso and for those not on WW, add grated cheese.  

I love super easy recipes and this is one! You can put a cup of grated cheese in between the rice and cornbread, and it holds together a bit better, but I leave it out to eliminate pts.

Happy Eating!!!

No comments: