Saturday, November 6, 2010

Why I Love,...

It's been a rough week. I don't like to complain about life, I'm so incredibly blessed, but moving with Grant working so much, and with the kids going crazy has been really tough! I owe a big thank-you to all my friends who offered to watch or watched the kiddos this week! So I looked at my blog yesterday and found a wonderful comment left by my awesome relief society pres, and it made my burden a little lighter. So I was going to blog about her, and I definitely will soon because I love her so, but tonight I really love Relief Society.

Why do I love it so,...

I love Relief Society because no matter where I live I have sisters to come to my rescue. I have moved a lot in the past couple of years and everywhere I have lived, I have instant family. Sisters that are willing to share in happiness and pain.

I love Relief Society because of the spirit felt there every Sunday. When I'm happy I get added joy, and when I'm sad, I get the lift I need. I love that sweet women take time out of their busy lives and prepare wonderful lessons. I love feeling the spirits of those women.

I love Relief Society because of inspired Relief Society Presidents. During the lowest times in my life they have always been there. Not all of them have been perfect, but I know each one cared and loved me. I remember one coming to visit me at work to make sure I was okay, just because she thought she should. I really needed to know that the Lord was listening to my prayers and she was the answer for me that day.

I love Relief Society because of the service that we do there. The way to make any day better is to serve, and in Relief Society we def do that! I get to be the Lord's tool anytime I do a service project, or serve one of my sisters. It's a wonderful feeling.

I love Relief Society because it is an organization that God has put on this earth for women. Most of answered prayers and blessings the Lord brings about in our lives are through his children listening to promptings and serving each other. I have been so blessed and have had many prayers answered because of Relief Society, and I'm eternally grateful for it!

No comments: